To obtain hitched in Nova Scotia, you’ll want a Marriage Licence before a marriage is had by you ceremony. The licence is legitimate for a few months through the date it is granted.
You have to have a wedding Licence to have hitched in Nova Scotia. The licence is needed by you just before have actually a married relationship ceremony.
Having a marriage licence does not suggest you’re married. This means you’re permitted to get hitched. The licence is legitimate for three months through the date it is released.
It is possible to select a spiritual or civil ceremony.
A spiritual representative of the option may perform the spiritual ceremony. The representative requirements to be registered with Vital Statistics.
A justice associated with peace or judge may perform the civil ceremony if they’re registered with Vital Statistics.
You’ll want 2 folks who are at the very least 16 years witness that is old ceremony.
Certification of wedding
At the time of the ceremony, your spiritual agent, justice regarding the peace or judge gives you a memento certification. This document just isn’t appropriate evidence of wedding.
After a married relationship is registered, you can easily submit an application for a marriage that is official, that is appropriate evidence of wedding.
Getting married outside Nova Scotia
If you should be likely to get hitched outside of Nova Scotia, you ought to contact the jurisdiction where in fact the wedding ceremony will require location for certification and enrollment needs.
You will get hitched in Nova Scotia if you’re 19 or older and never presently hitched. You’ll need a signed permission kind if you’re 17 or 18. You can’t get hitched if you’re 16 or more youthful.
Both individuals getting married want to complete the Marriage Licence Application and Affidavit Form. The Affidavit Form has to be witnessed by the agent that is authorized. If both ongoing events aren’t open to use in individual, contact Vital Statistics. You are able to submit an application for a licence to get hitched in Nova Scotia even though you don’t reside in the province.
How exactly to use
- See Access Nova Scotia or even an issuer that is deputy of Licences in your community.
- Complete the application type form you are given by them.
- Look at the application for information on all required supporting papers.
- Include payment along with your application.
- Offer your finished application, supporting papers and re re payment to your Deputy Issuer.
- The Deputy Issuer gives you a wedding Licence.
- Provide your Marriage Licence to your spiritual agent, justice of this peace or judge prior to the wedding ceremony.
The length of time it requires
The licence should be got by you straight away. It could take more time if more info will become necessary or if perhaps your type hasn’t been filled in precisely.
Re Payment choices
Visa, MasterCard, United states Express, debit card, cheque, cash purchase, money. a cheque or cash purchase should really be made payable to your Minister of Finance. Re re re Payment options can vary based on the method that you use.
Prior to starting
Make certain you have actually:
- finalized bit of government-issued recognition and evidence of age both for individuals engaged and getting married
- evidence of divorce or separation if either individual engaged and getting married is divorced (Certificate of Divorce or Decree Absolute), combined with affidavit
- proof death if either individual engaged and getting married is widowed
- written permission of one’s parents or guardians, if required (the Deputy Issuer gets the required forms that are consent
Connect with get hitched at a Registry workplace
In the event that you plan to get hitched at a Registry Office, at the very least four weeks prior to the ceremony, both you and your partner must go to an interview and lodge a Notice of Intended Marriage. The Notice continues to be legitimate for as much as eighteen months.
You are able to lodge your Notice and book a consultation to wait an meeting at:
- Chippendale Registry Workplace
- Parramatta Registry Workplace
- Wollongong Provider Centre.
- The age that is marriageable 18 years. If somebody, perhaps not yet 18, desires to marry ahead of their birthday that is 18th a court empowered to offer a ‘Section 12′ order will give authority for the wedding to be solemnised.
- 2 individuals aged under 18 years are not allowed to marry one another.
- A Notice of Intended wedding can be lodged before the birthday that is 18th provided that the wedding does occur following the birthday celebration.
Things you need
- the PDF kinds:
- ‘Notice of Intended Marriage’
‘Registry Marriage & Certificate Application’.
Note: Photocopies of documents aren’t accepted.
How exactly to use
- Check out the eligibility demands.
- Download and complete: a. Notice of Intended Marriage – PDFb. Registry Marriage & Certificate Application – PDF.
- Gather together the necessary documentation.
- Find the ‘Book a scheduled appointment’ switch.
- Enter the needed information.
- Go to your chosen registry workplace or your Wollongong Service Centre visit.
- Lodge your Notice and Application forms with re payment, and verify the date and time when it comes to ceremony.
- A Notice of Intended Marriage is legitimate for approximately eighteen months.
- The lodgement cost is non-refundable.
- If you want assist in making plans for your Registry marriage ceremony, complete the online Wedding scheduling kind, as well as the Registry can get in touch with you.
Re re re Payment techniques
You are able to review transaction re re payment choices on our re payment techniques web web page.